Our client is recruiting an Estimator to join their already outstanding team. With a diverse portfolio of projects, this is an excellent opportunity to diversify your experience in the commercial, residential, and institutional sectors.
As a Construction Estimator you will be responsible for preparing and coordinating complete estimates for tenders, primarily focusing on commercial, institutional and residential projects in the Northeast.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine the cost effectiveness of projects to be bid.
- Perform Risk and Contract Management responsibilities as required.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Consult with clients, vendors and other stakeholders to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve ant potential issues.
- Review estimate and apply strategic cost factors.
- Monitor client changes and advise the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period. Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits.
- Advise on major changes in scope of work and monitor actual cost to estimated cost.
- Prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid.
- Qualified in Quantity Surveying.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role with like projects.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Schedule deadline focused.
- Must hold a valid drivers license.
Closing date: Friday 11th December 2020. Early applications are encouraged.
For more information please call Jeremy at 07595 414668.